Why I created a blog

Its been many years since I first created this blog. It has remained true to Essbase and related information over those years. Hopefully it has answered questions and given you insight over those years. I will continue to provide my observations and comments on the ever changing world of EPM. Don't be surprised if the scope of the blog changes and brings in other Hyperion topics.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Not an April fool’s joke. 11.1.2.1 release date

While I am writing this on April 1st, It is not intended to be an April fool’s joke. Edward Roske had blogged that the release of 11.1.2.1 was supposed to be sometime in March. Edward's Blog Post  March is now history and there is no release. So Mr. Roske, WHERE IS IT? (Of course I’ll blame my boss for something he has no control over). I think this might be a career limiting move. 

Is the release vaporware? No not really, it is just taking longer than expected.  I’ve heard from a few reliable sources (to be unnamed) that the Release is targeted to be April 10th. I’ll put the typical and necessary disclaimer here. This is just what I have heard and not official and of course subject to change.  So at 12:01 on April 10th, the thousands of people who read my blog (Ok Cameron and three others) will descend on edelivery.oracle.com to prove me wrong. We will see.

No comments: